Tuesday, April 19, 2011

#99. The Genius of Ray Charles - Ray Charles

99. The Genius of Ray Charles - Ray Charles (1959) 87/100.  Not too familiar with Ray Charles outside of seeing the movie Ray.  I don't think that really constitutes having any sort of background in it so listening to this was a definite first time for me.

Overall, it was a lot more mellow than I had been expecting.  I guess I was expecting more rock n' roll and got more jazz and R&B.  It was pretty good, but not something that I would listen to often.

Let the Good Times Roll was a pretty good R&B track.  It Had to Be You was a mellow (as if it could ever be played any other way (a death metal version could be interesting however)) soulful cover.  I really liked Two Years of Torture.  You Won't Let Me Go was another really good tune.  Worth a listen if you never had heard it.  Listened: 4/19/2011
Favorite Tracks: Let' the Good Times Roll, It Had to By You, Two Years of Torture

No comments:

Post a Comment