Friday, February 13, 2015

105. Document - REM



105. Document - REM (1987) 87/100.  To me Document was a tale of two sides of an album.  Side one was ok.  Finest Worksong I enjoyed, the next three tracks were average.  Nothing special or spectacular, in my opinion.  Strange started to peak my interest.  Of course I had heard It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I feel Fine) and The One I Love from the radio a million times and those are both solid tracks.  The rest of the album I thoroughly enjoyed.  It would be a toss up for my favorite song on the album between Fireplace and Lightnin' Hopkins (loved that bass line).  I have always had a sweet spot in my heart for End of the World.  You can't go wrong with a good dulcimer in King of Birds.  The One I Love is always going to be a great song (even though it is a little overplayed - at least here on Chicago radio).  Listened: 2/13/2015
Favorite Tracks: Fireplace, Lightnin' Hopkins, It's the End of the World as We Know It (and I Feel Fine), King of Birds

No comments:

Post a Comment