Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#90. The Atomic Mr. Basie - Count Basie

90. The Atomic Mr. Basie - Count Basie (1957) 86/100.  More jazz.  This time, big band.  Right from the start (it could be my mood) but I really liked it.  It had that swing thing going for it.

Duet was the first track that really got my attention. A solid song with a great bass line.  Kind of reminded me of the music to this...



After Supper was a lot more laid back and mellow than the previous two tracks.  Good overall.  Teddy the Toad was another song I liked a whole bunch.  Whirlybird got my attention, very upbeat, swing track.  Same goes with Splanky (which I believe I have heard in a number of movies over the years).  Fantail had some great drums in it.

Again, as I reiterated several times, this isn't really my thing.  While I enjoyed this more than a few of the other jazz albums I have listened to on here, in the end, it started to become background music while I worked.  It may be that I can only assimilate it with this but it reminded me of music played during dinner at a wedding reception before the band/DJ come back on (Lil' Darlin is a perfect example).  Listened: 4/13/2011.
Favorite Tracks: Duet, After Supper, Whirlybird

No comments:

Post a Comment