Tuesday, April 19, 2011

#97. Here's Little Richard - Little Richard

97. Here's Little Richard - Little Richard (1957) 88/100.  Another 50's classic rock n' roll album.  I knew Tuti Fruti, of course, as that is probably the quintessential Little Richard track.  A few of the other tracks I had heard over the years but never really attributed to Little Richard.

This was Little Richard in the usual Little Richard flamboyant style and it was good.  I definitely enjoy the old R&B rock n' roll as opposed to all of the jazz.  I can appreciate the jazz but there would be a much better chance of me putting Little Richard in my car stereo than Duke Ellington.

As for Here's Little Richard, I liked it.  There are some classics from this album including Tuti Fruti, Ready Teddy, Slippin' and Slidin, Long Tall Sally, and Rip It Up.  I liked the bluesy feel to Can't Believe You.  Just good, old fashioned, rock n' roll.  Listened: 4/19/2011
Favorite Tracks: Ready Teddy, Long Tall ally, Can't Believe You

No comments:

Post a Comment