Friday, February 18, 2011

#57. Dirt - Alice in Chains

57. Dirt - Alice in Chains (1992) 94/100.  I bought Dirt in 1993 after Alice in Chains released Rooster and I really got into it.  But, I haven't heard it since around my sophomore year of college (when it and about 50 other CDs of mine were stolen while attending a kegger) and it was a happy reunion of sorts.  For some reason, this album doesn't seem to get the early 90's grunge credit that Nirvana's Nevermind and Pearl Jam's Ten but it is equally as good.  The whole album is dark.  Of course, it is hard not to be a dark album when it centers on drugs, war, depression, and death.  My personal favorites are Sickman, Would?, and Down In A Hole but  there are no bad tracks on Dirt.  A must listen for anyone into good rock music.  Listened: 2/18/2011
Favorite Tracks: All of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment