Thursday, February 10, 2011

#55. All That You Can't Leave Behind - U2

55. All That You Can't Leave Behind - U2 (2000) 92/100.  I am a U2 fan but have never listened to All That You Can't Leave Behind.  I think it was because I didn't really like Pop and thought that this may follow suit.  This left Pop in the dust.  This and American Idiot by Green Day (reviewed here - http://geekyclowns1001albums.blogspot.com/2011/01/36-american-idiot-green-day.html) were the albums from 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die that I listened to a second time right after hearing it for the first time.  The first four tracks were big hits in 2000-2001, Beautiful Day, Elevation (TIL, it is on All That You Can't Leave Behind, I thought it was only on the Lara Croft: Tomb Raider soundtrack), Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of It, and Walk On so those weren't new but were damn enjoyable.  The later tracks were just as good.  In A Little While, Wild Honey, When I Look At The World stand out as great tracks.  I would put this one up there with Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree which coincidentally (along with The Unforgettable Fire) were produced by Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois who also produced this.  Great album all around.  Listened: 2/10/11
Favorite Tracks: All of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment