Tuesday, February 22, 2011

#60. Nowhere - Ride

60. Nowhere - Ride (1990) 90/100.  TIL, shoegazing is a subgenre of alternative music derived from the fact that members of the band stand detached and still during live performance hence they are standing around gazing at their shoes.  And, apparently Ride is one of the bigger bands to come out of this subgenre of music.  Soundwise, I would consider it a cross between alternative and pop before the world became enamored with the Seattle grunge sound.  Now that I knew what shoegazing was, I had never heard of Ride (kind of obvious seeing as I had never heard of shoegazing).  I really enjoyed this album.  It was very calming but yet had an alternative hook to it.  Paralysed, Beneath, Vapour Trail, and Today were some of my favorites but the whole album was good throughout.  This joined the list of albums that went from listening on Grooveshark to purchase list.  Listened: 2/22/2011
Favorite Tracks: Paralysed, Beneath, Vapour Trail, Today

No comments:

Post a Comment