Tuesday, February 22, 2011

#59. Songs For Swingin' Lovers - Frank Sinatra

59. Songs For Swingin' Lovers - Frank Sinatra (1956) 88/100. Another crack at Frank Sinatra (1955's In The Wee Small Hours here - http://geekyclowns1001albums.blogspot.com/2011/01/7-back-in-black-acdc.html). Unlike In The Wee Small Hours, this is more of a Frank Sinatra I had grown accustomed to, the more upbeat, swinging, jazzy Sinatra. I liked this. Again, this is not something that I foresee myself waking up and saying, "I have GOT to listen to Songs for Swingin' Lovers today!" It is just not music I would listen to often.  But, that being said, there were some solid songs on here. I suppose I am breaking the norm since In The Wee Small Hours is considered the critically stronger album since I liked Songs For Swingin' Lovers better. Perhaps it was the arrangements or the positive vibe of it, whatever it is, I just found this to be easier to digest. Cole Porter's I've Got You Under My Skin and It Happened in Monterey are standouts. Listened: 2/22/2011
Favorite Tracks: It Happened in Monterey, Pennies from Heaven, I've Got you Under my Skin

No comments:

Post a Comment