Monday, January 31, 2011

#7. Back in Black - AC/DC & #6. In The Wee Small Hours

7. Back in Black (1980) - AC/DC.  90/100.  Yes, I followed up Frank Sinatra with Back in Black.  It probably had been high school since I listened to Back in Black from start to finish.  Given, Shook Me All Night LongBack in Black, and Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution have been staples in my constant merry-go-round of music in the last couple of decades but listening from beginning to end does give a different enjoyment for the album.  That being said, I like Back in Black.  It was a good album.  Do I think I could listen to it with the same reverie as say Exile on Main Street or Rubber Soul?  Probably not.  It does have the same issues as say, Metallica's Black album where every single song has been playing nonstop on the radio for the last three decades so listening to this in its entirety without having the desire to fast forward through songs heard two million times was tough, I'm looking at you Shake a Leg.  But, a good album nonetheless.  Listened - 11/22/10
Favorite Tracks: Rock & Roll Ain't Noise Pollution, Back in Black



6. In The Wee Small Hourshttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=geeky0ad-20&l=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&o=1&a=B000SXJMSK (1955) - Frank Sinatra. 85/100. After listening to albums I had heard hundreds of times, I thought I would try an album I hadn't heard before and took the first album on the list, the 1955 In The Wee Small Hours. While not into this type of music, I didn't mind this album. I really wished that I hadn't listened to it at work since throughout I had to fight the overpowering urge to throw on a suit, turn down the lights, and pour a tall glass of scotch. In the end, I enjoyed listening to this but don't see myself ever going out of my way to put it on again - it just isn't my type of music. I have a feeling a lot of the 50's stuff is going to be like that for me. On the other hand, I am sure I will hear these songs again since I dine out enough and pretty much every Italian restaurant has Sinatra playing as ambiance music. Listened - 11/22/10
Favorite Tracks: Deep in a Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment