Monday, January 31, 2011

#16. Soul Mining - The The

16. Soul Mining (1983) - The The  64/100.  The The is what this whole list is about.  I have never heard of them.  Not stupid enough to think it was a misprint but wouldn't know better if it were.  Brand new to British New Wave as a whole so this is my introduction to it.  I am sure those who are into that type of music would tell me that this is not a good introduction but I am going at this blindly.  That being said, I have a feeling that this genre of music is an acquired taste, like drinking beer. In high school, the first few times I thought the taste was nasty but by college nothing tasted better (except for whiskey...wait).  It is possible that I may be able to get more into this genre as this little project progresses.  If that is the case then The The is given the short end of the stick since I wasn't a huge fan of this album.  I would consider it ok.  It had a few moments, the piano in Uncertain Smile comes to mind and some of the ambient melodies were calming but overall, I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it again.  Listened - 11/24/10
Favorite Tracks: This is the Day, Uncertain Smile, Soul Mining 

No comments:

Post a Comment