Monday, January 31, 2011

#39. American IV: Man Comes Around - Johnny Cash

39. American IV: Man Comes Around (2002) - Johnny Cash.  93/100.  I finally decided to get back into this and put in some Johnny Cash today.  Overall, this was a good listen since I really wasn't expecting much.  I like Johnny Cash, he always had a Clint Eastwood-esque, don't mess with him kind of attitude.  But, this album, from the outside, just looked like a bunch of covers and wasn't too into it.  That was, until I heard it.  I knew that he had won a Grammy for this album and it was well deserved.  The remake of Nine Inch Nails Hurt was good as was Bridge Over Troubled Water.  Being a huge fan of Pink Floyd's The Wall, hearing him do We'll Meet Again was really fun.  Also, enjoyed Give My Love to Rose and In My Life.  Listened: 1/19/11
Favorite Tracks: Give My Love To Rose, In My LIfe, Bridge Over Troubled Water

No comments:

Post a Comment