Monday, January 31, 2011

#18. The Slim Shady LP - Eminem

18. The Slim Shady LP (1999) - Eminem 89/100.  Eminem before Eminem was Eminem is actually really refreshing.  Don't get me wrong, I like Eminem.  But some of his albums have a tendency of being a bit narcissistic where the The Slim Shady LP doesn't really have that, or at least not as blatant.  It is hard for me to decide where this goes among my favorite Eminem albums.  I am a big fan of Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show so I would put this with them as his best albums (I don't have the new album yet and didn't like Encore at all).  Solid throughout.  Some parts are still pretty funny and some are a bit overly timely.  I Just Don't Give a Fuck and Rock Bottom stand out.  Either way, worth a listen.  Listened - 11/24/10
Favorite Tracks: If I had, Rock Bottom, Just Don't Give a Fuck

No comments:

Post a Comment