Monday, January 31, 2011

#20. Ten - Pearl Jam

20. Ten (1992) - Pearl Jam 94/100.  This is another album that falls into the Jagged Little Pill and Siamese Dream realm of nostalgia for me.  In 1993, when I was a young lad, you could not walk into a kegger within fifteen miles of campus without this album having to be put on at some point in the evening.  It was a necessary evil like having to wearing flannel and drinking Icehouse (which I recently discovered they still make - buying me a six pack tonight just to relive the early 90's).  Anyway, this is one of my favorites from that time and a great album altogether.  Solid tracks throughout.  It does fall into Metallica's Black and AC/DC's Back in Black albums where so many of the tracks have been beaten to death by the radio.  But, I can't complain about ever having to listen to it.  Is it possible to listen to Black without singing in your best Eddie Vedder voice, "yeah...yeah...uh, yeah yeah"?  Listened - 11/27/10
Favorite Tracks: Porch, Black, Release, Jeremy 

No comments:

Post a Comment