Monday, January 31, 2011

#12. Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley

12. Elvis Presley (1956) - Elvis Presley  90/100.  To quote Eddie Murphy, "really I give credit where credit is due. When Elvis was young, he was a bad motherf*cker."  I never thought of myself as someone that would actually dig Elvis. I'm not really sure why, maybe it was the stigma of cheesiness that seemed to follow Elvis but, either way, this was a fantastic album.  I was really blown away by this album from beginning to end.  This is the first from the list that I have heard that has gone from a checked out item from the library to a purchase.  I am now looking forward to more Elvis, which I am sure I will get as I go through this list.  Listened - 11/23/10
Favorite Tracks: Blue Suede Shoes, One Sided Love Affair, I'm Gonna Sit Right Dowwn and Cry (Over You), Money Honey   

No comments:

Post a Comment