Monday, January 31, 2011

#43. Moving Pictures - Rush

43. Moving Pictures (1981) - Rush 88/100.  There are people that LOOOOVVVVEEE Rush.  I am not one of them.  I don't dislike them either, I am more or less indifferent.  I actually saw them in 1991ish with Eric Johnson and they put on a helluva live performance.  I'm not going to knock Moving Pictures, it was a good album.  It fell into (like so many of these) an album that I knew a great deal of the songs since they have been staples on rock radio stations since the early 80's.  They are great musicians.  YYZ was a definite favorite as an instrumental.  The longer tracks such as Red Barchetta and The Camera Eye were pretty damn complex.  Radio classics Tom Sawyer and Limelight were welcoming to the ears.  TIL, James Hetfield admitted stealing the riff to Welcome Home (Sanitarium) from Tom Sawyer.  Listened: 1/20/11
Favorite Tracks: Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Limelight

No comments:

Post a Comment