Monday, January 31, 2011

#41. Pearl - Janis Joplin

41. Pearl (1971) - Janis Joplin 94/100.  I have heard Pearl on multiple occasions so I was pretty well versed in it.  This listen around, I paid special attention to the music of Full Tilt Boogie Band.  Joplin is a legendary singer and shined throughout the album and the band was fantastic.  I have to say I am a bigger fan when she was with Full Tilt Boogie than Big Brother and the Holding Company.  Also, having Paul Rothchild (from The Doors fame) produce paid dividends.  It is a solid album throughout with the classics like Me and Bobby McGee and Mercedes Benz being as good as ever and gems like A Woman Left Lonely and the instrumental Buried Alive in the Blues nice deep tracks.  Listened: 1/19/11
Favorites: All of it

No comments:

Post a Comment