Monday, January 31, 2011

#13. Little Earthquakes - Tori Amos

13. Little Earthquakes (1992) - Tori Amos 92/100.  The early/mid 90's saw a lot of powerful alternative women artists. I mentioned Alanis Morisette and Liz Phair already on this list.  Of course you could easily put Sarah McLachlan, Juliana Hatfield, Kim Gordon, Courtney Love, the Breeders ladies, Ani DiFranco, and countless others but for me, the one that really got me into that niche of music, was Tori Amos.  Actually, it was Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos to be more precise.  What was great about this list is getting to go back and listen to a lot of albums I haven't heard in forever and this was one that had me saying, "damn, this is still a great album."  A great portion of the album is just Amos and a piano.  Powerful lyrics and interesting arrangements make this whole album stand out.  Listened - 11/23/10
Favorite Tracks:  Silent All These Years, Precious Things, Winter, Me and a Gun 

No comments:

Post a Comment