Monday, January 31, 2011

#45. Tragic Songs of Life - The Louvin Brothers

45. Tragic Songs of Life (1956) - The Louvin Brothers 91/100.  This was just cool.  My Grateful Dead/Phish love introduced me to bluegrass and this was one of the first full blown bluegrass albums I've ever really sat down with.  I like the combination of guitar and mandolin.  They are seen in some circles as one of the best bluegrass artist of all time and, while I don't have a whole lot of experience with this genre, it is hard to disagree.  Being a big Nirvana fan, I have to give props to In the Pines.  I don't know if this is something I will listen to all of the time but a good pick and has been added to the list of albums I need to buy and not just listen to on Grooveshark.  Listened: 1/24/2011
Favorite Tracks: Mary of the Moor, My Brother's Will, In the Pines

No comments:

Post a Comment