Monday, January 31, 2011

#22. Dookie - Green Day

22. Dookie (1994) - Green Day 80/100.  Confession time.  When Dookie came out in the 90's, I freaking hated it.  I hated Green Day.  Not really sure why, perhaps it was the pseudo-punk aura that they claimed that I never bought into - not really sure.  So, fast forward...oh, 16ish years and give it another try.  I do like American Idiot so I thought I would give them a fair shake.  It was an ok album.  Not nearly as good as Ten by Pearl Jam or Siamese Dream by the Pumpkins (I know it is differnt types of music but they all cut from the same early/mid 90's alternative 
cloth).  Overall, I will listen to a few of the tracks again but the album will never end up in the rotation.     Listened - 11/27/10
Favorite Tracks: Having a Blast, Welcome to Paradise, She

No comments:

Post a Comment