Monday, January 31, 2011

#47. Lady in Satin - Billie Holiday

47. Lady in Satin - Billie Holiday (1958) 80/100.  I am brand new to Billie Holiday and from what I read, this album was not universally considered her best work which makes me wonder why it was the only one chosen for the 1001 albums (but this isn't the first album that I have called the list a little skewed).  I can appreciate it for what it is but don't see myself listening to this too often.  I blame that on my own ignorance to this genre of music that hopefully I can gain an appreciation.  She is a helluva musician with a gorgeous voice.  I rated it more on her voice and the musicians than my personal preference for it.  Listened: 1/25/2011.
Favorite Tracks: I'm a Fool to Want you, You Don't Know what Love is, Glad to be Unhappy  

No comments:

Post a Comment