Monday, January 31, 2011

#30. John Prine - John Prine

30. John Prine (1971) - John Prine 90/100.  First thing I learned, John Prine (who I had never heard of) was born in Maywood, IL which is about 5 minutes from where I grew up.  Second thing I learned, Roger Ebert (a prominent movie critic in Chicago) wrote the first review of him.  From the first words, I knew I was going to like this.  This was a great folk album with hints of country and bluegrass thrown in.  A nice surprise throughout.  I couldn't even pick a track that I could say was weak.  Great folk musician.  I am embarrassed to know that I never heard of him seeing as he is from my home state and plays a lot of shows here (dropping everything to call my parents and yell at them for not exposing this to me when I was younger).  This will be the second album that will go from a Grooveshark listen to a purchase (the first being Elivs Presley's first album).  Listened - 11/30/10
Favorite Tracks:  Spanish Pipedream, Sam Stone, Quiet Man, Flashback Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment