Monday, January 31, 2011

#33. Doggystyle - Snoop Doggy Dogg

33. Doggystyle (1993) - Snoop Doggy Dogg 94/100,  This morning, on the drive in to work, I pulled the Office Space's Michael Bolton while listening to Doggystyle in traffic (given no one tried to sell me flowers forcing me to turn down my stereo).  I believe I am just as white and nerdy (gotta love the Weird Al reference), but with much less hair.  I have been trying to be consistent with a lot of these albums by not putting one above the other.  Can I say that this album is better than Raising Hell or License to Ill and eventually even The Chronic?  Probably not and I don't think that the point of this is to have my 1001 favorite albums in order at the end.  This is a classic hip-hop album.  Each track on it is good (with maybe an exception of Doggy Dogg World, it always seems weak compared to the others - but still a good track that would probably be one of the best on any other album).  Top notch album all around.  I dig the G-Funk style (yep, I am no where near hip enough to pull that last statement off). Listened - 12/1/10
Favorite Tracks:  All of it (even Doggy Dogg World even though I dogged it (did you see what I did there)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment