Monday, January 31, 2011

#4. Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morisette



It's hard to believe this album from a bitter woman is about this guy.


4. Jagged Little Pill (1995) - Alanis Morisette 76/100.  As a college student in the mid-90's I have mixed feelings about Jagged Little Pill.  For one, it was impossible to go anywhere in the vicinity of a member of the female species in 1995 without the album being on.  It was THE women's lib album of the 90's.  That being said, I knew it pretty well when I re-listened to it again today.  However, it had been a long time since I had heard and have to say that it didn't stand the test of time like Phair's Guyville (and I don't think I would be going too far out on a limb to say that Guyville had strong influences on this album).  In fact, I would say it greatly regressed.  Rather dull throughout, hell even the sexual overtones were boring.  You Ought To Know is still ok just because I dig me some Flea.  But, most of the other tracks come off as incessant whining instead of music.  Listened - 11/20/10
Favorite Tracks: You Ought to Know, Right through You, Not the Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment