Monday, January 31, 2011

#19. Surrealistic Pillow - Jefferson Airplane

19. Surrealistic Pillow (1967) - Jefferson Airplane 84/100.  Anyone that knows me knows I have a predilection for hippie, 60's, trippy music so sitting down with Surrealistic Pillow (at last) seemed to be a great way to spend my Saturday morning.  I had heard the popular tracks but never listened to the whole album from beginning to end.  I don't want to say I was disappointed because that isn't really fair.  It was a good album.  My expectations were simply too high and the word underwhelmed seemed to be the best way to describe the experience.  I was expecting 12 tracks of White Rabbit and was given some good songs but not classics.  The guitar work of Embryonic Journey was a stand out.  Listened - 11/27/10
Favorite Tracks: My Best Friend, White Rabbit, Embryonic Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment