Monday, January 31, 2011

#14. Kenya - Machito

14. Kenya (1957) - Machito 80/100.  I am brand new to latin jazz so this was completely new to me.  Well, let me rephrase that, I am sort of brand new to latin jazz.  You can easily hear it in Santana and other latin musicians plus it is prevalent in several jam bands that I frequent.  It is hard for me to rate this but I will do my best.  I am not a musician.  In fact, I have about as much musical talent as the keyboard I am typing on.  I am quite certain there are a great deal of intricacies that are happening while I listen to this that are lost on me that a musician would pick up on.  That being said, I didn't dislike this.  In fact, it was a nice change of pace and a good way to end my day after Van Halen, Tori Amos, Dire Straits, and Elvis Presley.  Just a mellow, happy vibe comes from it.  I blame this album for me going home and having a cocktail, probably something fruity with an umbrella - just got me in that type of mood now.  Listened - 11/23/10
Favorite Tracks:  Kenya, Holiday   

No comments:

Post a Comment