Monday, January 31, 2011

#34. Catch a Fire - Bob Marley & The Wailers

34. Catch a Fire (1973) - Bob Marley & The Wailers 92/100.  The debut album for Bob Marley is one of my favorites and one of, I believe and am too lazy to look it up this moment, three of Bob's that I will have to sit through (with a sarcastic shucks and a snap of the finger).  I like reggae but my experience is limited, pretty much Bob Marley and Peter Tosh (hopefully this little project will change that).  That being said, this is one album that has made its rounds in my collection since my college days when I was introduced to it by the very large hippie (both in size and scale) living next to me.  As a matter of fact, I still have his copy that he refused to take back, "share the love brother...share the love."   Anyway, a bunch of classics on here.  How 400 Years didn't make it on Legend is beyond me.  Good, good reggae-y goodness. Listened - 12/1/10
Favorite Tracks: 400 Years, Baby We've Got a Date (Rock it Baby), Stir It Up   

No comments:

Post a Comment