Monday, January 31, 2011

#38. The Stranger - Billy Joel

38. The Stranger (1977) - Billy Joel 92/100.  I had the Billy Joel "Greatest Hits" since my roommate gave it to me in 1993 so I was relatively versed in most of the songs.  On side 1 of The Stranger, every single track was on the greatest hits.  Anyway, this is considered the best Billy Joel album and it is hard to argue with that.  Most of the credit seems to be split between Joel's songwriting and Phil Ramone's production of it but, whoever deserves the credit, each of the songs are finely written, produced, and played.  Vienna and Everybody Has a Dream were new (and good) listens.  I love Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, The Stranger, and Vienna.   Listened - 12/15/10
Favorite Tracks: The Stranger, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment