Monday, January 31, 2011

#42. Exodus - Bob Marley & The Wailers

42. Exodus (1977) - Bob Marley & The Wailers 93/100.  To reiterate my Catch a Fire review, I love Bob Marley.  Exodus is a great album that helped to make my work day go by a little bit faster.  The history of the album with Marley's assassination attempt, exile, and its making just adds to the enjoyment of a deep album that comes off surprisingly upbeat seeing the events that led up to its creation.  It had been a long time since listening to Exodus and usually Legend ends up getting more play time so tracks like Jamming, Waiting in Vain, Three Little Birds, One Love/People Get Ready were as good as always but tracks that didn't make Legend such as Natural Mystic, Guiltiness, and Turn Your Lights Down Low (and its Barry White feel).   I would recommend the version with the bonus tracks as they are fantabulous as well.  I enjoyed Catch a Fire but think that Exodus is a more complete album that I enjoyed just a little more.  Listened: 1/20/11
Favorite Tracks: Jamming, Three Little Birds, Natural Mystic

No comments:

Post a Comment