Monday, January 31, 2011

#15. Licensed to Ill - Beastie Boys

15. Licensed to Ill (1986) - Beastie Boys 94/100.  I wish that I would have been older in the 80's, and been remotely hip enough to pull off using 'illin' as an adjective - let alone have a license to it.  The Beastie Boys were a staple of my record (vinyl) collection in the 80's.  Fight for your Right was a huge song that made them a relative household name.  Ironically, that track is my only complaint about the album - it angers me.  Anyway, great album from beginning to end (with the exception of Fight for your Right).  "Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'."  Nope, not remotely cool enough to pull it off now.   Listened - 11/23/10
Favorite Tracks: The New Style, She's Crafty, Paul Revere (of course), Brass Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment