Monday, January 31, 2011

#3. Metallica (aka the black album) - Metallica



3. Metallica (aka the black album) (1991) - Metallica. 90/100.  This was the quintessential album for me in high school so I tried as hard as I could to listen to it as if I were a virgin to the material but it was impossible.  Of the Bob Rock era Metallica, this is probably their best album but still pales in comparison to Master/Lightning/Justice.  On top of that, I had to fight everything in my inner-core to not turn off Enter Sandman. Being a longtime Metallica fan makes listening to Enter Sandman like listening to the sound of the dentist's drill - painful.  On the other hand, Sad But True and The God that Failed still are amazing tracks.  Listened - 11/19/10
Favorite Tracks: Sad but True, The God that Failed, My Friend in Misery

No comments:

Post a Comment