Monday, January 31, 2011

#25. Real Thing - Faith No More

25. Real Thing (1989) - Faith No More 88/100.  I am already angry with the people who compiled the 1001 albums.  Not that I have really found an album that shouldn't have been on the list (yet) but the fact that they don't have Angel Dust by Faith No More is a damn travesty.  They do have Real Thing and, don't get me wrong, it is a good album.  But, in my humble (and worthless) opinion, Angel Dust was a more complete and riskier album.  But, Real Thing did break through some new trends in the late 80's that helped to change the direction of popular music.  In my mind, they were one of the first 'alternative' bands that went mainstream (followed shortly after by Jane's Addiction).  They weren't hair metal and they weren't thrash, they were an alternative (get what I did there) to that.  A musically solid album throughout.  I dug Woodpecker from Mars.  I have never been a huge fan of their rendition of War Pigs Listened - 11/29/10
Favorite Tracks: Falling to Pieces, Zombie Eaters, The Real Thing  

No comments:

Post a Comment