Monday, January 31, 2011

#29. Dare - Human League

29. Dare (1981) - Human League 70/100.  More British New Wave.  This is considered synthpop which, via a little Wikipedia searching, is a genre of music where synthesizer is the dominant instrument (learn something new each day).  Again, I am trying to not rip an album simply because I freaking hate the type of music.  That being said, I really am finding I don't like that synthesizer infused New Wave thing.  It just isn't my thing.  So, what I have to do is compare it to other New Wave that I have heard thus far which is Soul Mining by The The.  I found Dare! to be a much better album than Soul Mining.  I liked Don't You Want Me and its male/female duet.  I actually remember that track from the 80's and never minded it (I know I enjoyed a pop hit - I'm a heathen).  As for the other tracks on the album, none really stood out other than The Things That Dreams Are Made.  Overall, I would consider this to be relatively forgettable for a non-New Wave fan.   Listened - 11/30/10
Favorite Tracks: The Things That Dreams Are Made, Don't You Want Me 

No comments:

Post a Comment