Monday, January 31, 2011

#17. Siamese Dream - Smashing Pumpkins

17. Siamese Dream (1993) - Smashing Pumpkins 94/100.  Back in a quieter and more tranquil time, 1993, I went and saw the Smashing Pumpkins on their Siamese Dream tour after Today hit MTV and enough people came to the conclusion that they were a good band.  Again, being from Chicago, I knew of the Pumpkins before most of the country saw them painting up the ice cream truck in the video and was happy that they were getting some credit in the blooming alternative scene.  Anyway, I have added another early-90's alternative album to my list since I have a lot of those in my collection and it doesn't require a trip to the library or busting out Grooveshark.  What is to say about this album that hasn't been said?  A great album from start to finish.  A great raw alternative sound, great lyrics and melodies.  Guess Corigan's nervous breakdown was our gain.  And, to ask a simple question, why wouldn't they release Spaceboy as a single?  Pretty much everyone I have ever met who likes that album always puts that song as one of their favorites.  Listened - 11/24/10
Favorite Tracks: Hummer, Soma, Spaceboy, Silvefuck  

No comments:

Post a Comment