Monday, January 31, 2011

#40. The Downward Spiral - Nine Inch Nails

40. The Downward Spiral (1994) - Nine Inch Nails 90/100.  After listening to Johnny Cash's version of Hurt, I thought I would go ahead and follow it up with the original from Nine Inch Nails - talk about apples and oranges, and I can't decide which one I prefer.  To a certain extent, I think that Cash's is more heartfelt than the original, but that is not to say that Reznor's isn't a phenomenal track.  Anyway, to end that rant, I was stunned that Pretty Hate Machine wasn't on the list but Downward Sprial was.  Overall, IMHO, I thought Pretty Hate Machine was a better album.  That being said, The Downward Sprial is good.  I love Hurt, Ruiner, and March of the Pigs.  Reptile and Eraser stand out as well.  Closer mad Reznor a lot of money and was a huge hit in the 90's but I always just felt it was just ok and Piggy I can do without.  Listened: 1/19/11
Favorite Tracks: Hurt, March of the Pigs, Ruiner

No comments:

Post a Comment