Friday, February 18, 2011

#58. Bat out of Hell - Meatloaf

58. Bat out of Hell - Meatloaf (1977) 80/100.  "This is Bob.  Bob has bitch tits."  It was the first thing that popped in my head when I saw Meat Loaf on the list.  I really didn't have much experience with Meat Loaf.  I knew Paradise by the Dashboard Light and I'd do Anything for Love but that was about as far as it went.  I didn't mind Bat out of Hell.  It wasn't something that I would see myself jamming out to on a daily basis but it deserves the occasional listen.  I thought the melodies, etc. were very good and enjoyed some of the risks that they took trying to throw Springsteen, The Who, and theater together on the same album.  While it seemed at times cheesy and I felt contrite fighting the urge to clap along to You Took the Words Right out of my Mouth it is overall a good listen.  My favorite was the title track with Paradise by the Dashboard Light and You Took the Words Right out of my Mouth were highlights.  I could have done without Heaven can Wait.  Listened: 2/18/2011
Favorite Tracks: Bat out of Hell, Paradise by the Dashboard Light, You Took the Words Right out of my Mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment