Saturday, March 5, 2011

#70. It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back - Public Enemy

70. It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back - Public Enemy (1988) 90/100.  TIL, Flavor Flav is in everything I eat cause everything I eat got Flavor.  Truer words have never been spoken.  For those who were born 1980's and later, Flavor Flav actually did make music prior to doing his reality TV stint.  Anyway, first time listen for me.  When this came out in 1988 I was too involved in Guns N' Roses, Metallica, and Led Zeppelin to even notice.  Anyway, I really liked this. Terminator X was amazing throughout.  Great samples, a very pissed off Chuck D, and Flavor Flav makes a great album.  Bring the Noise, Louder Than a Bomb, and Rebel Without a Pause were my favorites with Rebel Without a Pause easily coming out as my favorite from the album.  I wonder if I am the only one who listens to Show 'Em Whatcha Got and cannot help but thinking to myself, "all I wanna do is a zoom-a, zoom, zoom and a poom, poom."  Listened: 3/5/2011
Favorite Tracks: Rebel without a Pause, Louder than a Bomb, Bring the Noise

No comments:

Post a Comment