Wednesday, March 16, 2011

#78. The Clash - The Clash

78. The Clash - The Clash (1979) 90/100.  I am going to review the American release of The Clash that actually came out in 1979, not the one that the 1001 Before You Die folks want me to, which is the 1977 UK release.  Some of the songs are a little different but I have the American version so that is the one I will review.  This was a first time listen to me and really my first real introduction to the original wave of British punk.  I have to say, I like the original wave of British punk, or at least my introduction.  The first two tracks didn't really pull me in - they were sort of average (or a learning curve for this type of music).  So, right off the top of my head, I wasn't a huge fan of Clash City Rockers or I'm So Bored with the USA.  It did turn around right around Complete Control.  That, White Riot, (White Man) in Hammersmith Palais (who knew that a harmonica had a place in punk rock), the cover of I Fought the Law, Career Opportunities, Jail Guitar Doors, and Garageland were all standouts as fabulous tunes.  A great introduction to a new type of music.  Listened: 3/16/2011
Favorite Tracks: Complete Control, White Riot, (White man) in Hammersmith Palais

No comments:

Post a Comment