Friday, March 11, 2011

#75. Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters

75. Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters (1995) 90/100.  "Fingernails are pretty, fingernails are good.  Seems that all they ever wanted was a marking."  Wtf you talking about Dave?  TIL, Dave Grohl wrote and played all of the instruments on the first Foo Fighters album (with the exception of one track where someone else played guitar).  That in itself is rather impressive.  If memory serves, Billy Corigan did the same for Siamese Dream.  Anyway, neither here nor there. I was actually surprised how much of the Foo Fighters album I had heard before. The first three tracks This Is a Call, I'll Stick Around, and Big Me have been all over the radio for over a decade-and-a-half.  The problem is, I didn't know the song titles.  This was a first time listen for me which I found to be surprising seeing as I am a big Nirvana fan.  I liked this.  I'll Stick Around and X-Static were solid tracks.  My personal favorite off the album is Floaty.  I really enjoyed its arrangement.  A good album from start to finish and worth a listen to anyone new to the Foos.  Listened: 3/6/2011
Favorite Tracks: This Is a Call, I'll Stick Around, Floaty

No comments:

Post a Comment