Monday, March 7, 2011

#73. Achtung Baby - U2

73. Achtung Baby - U2 (1991) 92/100.  One thing I learned thus far is that I never gave U2 nearly enough credit.  I always was a fan of The Joshua Tree (review forthcoming) and I have mentioned that I was taken aback at how good All That You Can't Leave Behind was (review here - http://geekyclowns1001albums.blogspot.com/2011/02/55.html).  This was another one that I was impressed throughout.  There is no reason to mention One and Mysterious Ways.  Those two tracks are unbelievably popular.  Even Better Than the Real Thing and Trying to Throw your Arms Around the World are also pretty damn popular tracks.  Considered to be their turnaround album after being critically crucified for Rattle and Hum, Achtung Baby redefined how U2 made albums.  Do I think it is as good as The Joshua Tree?  Hell no.  Do I think it is as good as All That You Can't Leave Behind?  Yes.  I guess at this point, I can officially consider myself a U2 fan. Listened: 3/6/2011
Favorite Tracks: Mysterious Ways, Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World, One

No comments:

Post a Comment