Monday, March 7, 2011

#72. Being There - Wilco

72.  Being There - Wilco (1996) 91/100.  Being from Chicago, Wilco is mentioned as one of the great Chicago bands and gets a decent amount of airtime on Chicago radio.  That being said, I never really listened to too much of their music outside of the radio and a live show or two I have accrued over the years.  The opportunity never really came along until doing this 1001 Albums I Must Hear Before I Die.  I really liked Being There.  Wilco has a great ability of mixing several different genres of music together and making it work.  There is a little country in there, a little psychedelic, and a whole lot of rock styles.  I actually listened to this several times in a row when I first put it in.  I enjoyed it that much (that and my washing machine died so I had plenty of time to kill using someone else's washing machine while they were out of town).  Misunderstood, Hotel Arizona, and Someday Soon were good tracks.  I think that double albums are not fair for this whole thing seeing as this would actually make it 1002 Albums I Must Hear Before I Die.  I highly recomend this one.  Listened: 3/5/2011
Favorite Tracks: Misunderstood, Hotel Arizona, Someday Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment